If at any time you have any questions about how or why we process your data, or any of your rights described below, you can contact our Privacy Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org
Vfast Limited is a company registered in England and Wales whose registered address is:
Kent, CT4 5DT Company number: 06117927
Vfast Limited is an internet service and voice communications provider. We only offer our Vfast Fibre-to-the-home (vFTTH) packages in areas of the UK where Independent Fibre Networks Limited (IFNL) is the network provider.
- 1. What personal information do we collect and why?
- 2. How do we use your information?
- 3. Who do we share your personal information with?
- 4. How long do we keep your data for?
- 5. Legal basis for processing your information
- 6. International data transfer
- 7. Cookies and website tracking
- 8. Your data rights
- 10. Contacting the regulator
- 11. How to contact us
1. What personal information do we collect and why?
We collect information so that we can provide the best possible experience when you utilise our services.
Direct from you
Much of what you likely consider personal data is collected directly from you when you
- create an account or purchase any of our Services (eg: billing information, including name, address, payment details)
- request assistance from our customer support team (eg: phone number, case notes)
- complete contact forms or request newsletters or other information from us (eg: email)
- participate in contests and surveys, apply for a job, or otherwise participate in activities we promote that might require information about you
Call recording and monitoring may be carried out for the following purposes:
- training and quality control
- as evidence of conversations
- for the prevention or detection of crime (e.g. fraudulent claims)
We collect information in association with your use of our Services, such as account number, purchases, when products renew or expire, information requests, support requests and notes or details explaining what you asked for and how we responded.
Data about Usage of Services is automatically collected when you use and interact with our Services, including metadata, log files, cookie/device IDs and location information. This information includes specific data about your interactions with the features contained within the services, for instance IP address, the date and time the services were used, information about devices accessing the Services, including type of device, device settings, application IDs, unique device identifiers and error data, and some of this data collected might be capable of and be used to approximate your location.
2. How do we use your information?
We strongly believe in both minimising the data we collect and limiting its use and purpose to only that for which we have been given permission, as necessary to deliver the Services you purchase or interact with, or as we might be required or permitted for legal compliance or other lawful purposes.
3. Who do we share your personal information with?
In order to provide our services to you, we will sometimes need to share your information with third party service providers and partners. Where we do this, we apply a policy to ensure your personal information is safe, and only processed with accordance to our instructions. If we stop using their services, any of your personal information held by them will either be deleted or rendered anonymous (subject to applicable law).
4. How long do we keep your data for?
We will retain your personal information for as long as needed for the legitimate business purposes described above.
At the termination of your contract with us, when we no longer supply you with any services, we will remove your personal information after 90 days. This does not apply to financial records, which we keep for 7 years for for accounting and tax purposes.
Your information may be retained for longer than this if there are valid legal grounds for us to do so, for example if required by law or court order, or as needed to defend or pursue legal claims.
5. Legal basis for processing your information
Our legal basis for collecting and using the personal information described above will depend on the personal information concerned and the specific context in which we collect it. However, we will normally collect personal information from you only
- where we need the personal information to perform a contract with you
- where the processing is in our legitimate interests and not overridden by your data protection interests or fundamental rights and freedoms
- where we have your consent to do so
If we ask you to provide personal information to comply with a legal requirement or to perform a contract with you, we will make this clear at the relevant time and advise you whether the provision of your personal information is mandatory or not (as well as of the possible consequences if you do not provide your personal information).
Similarly, if we collect and use your personal information in reliance on our legitimate interests (or those of any third party), we will make clear to you at the relevant time what those legitimate interests are.
If you have questions about or need further information concerning the legal basis on which we collect and use your personal information, please contact us using the contact details provided under the How to contact us heading below.
6. International data transfer
Our Website servers and group companies are located in the UK, but some of our third party service providers and partners operate outside of the UK, such as the United States. This means that when we collect your personal information we may process it in any of these countries. We will ensure that those service providers comply with any legal requirements that apply to the transfer of personal information outside the UK, including, where appropriate, requiring the service provider to sign the approved European Commission Standard Contractual Clauses for the transfer of personal data to third countries.
7. Cookies and website tracking
8. Your data rights
You have the following data protection rights:
- If you wish to access, correct, update or request deletion of your personal information, you can do so at any time by contacting us using the contact details provided under the How to contact us heading below.
- In addition, you can object to processing of your personal information, ask us to restrict processing of your personal information or request portability of your personal information. Again, you can exercise these rights by contacting us using the contact details provided under the How to contact us heading below.
- You have the right to opt-out of marketing communications we send you at any time. You can exercise this right by clicking on the “unsubscribe” or “opt-out” link in the marketing e-mails we send you. To opt-out of other forms of marketing (such as postal marketing or telemarketing), then please contact us using the contact details provided under the How to contact us heading below.
- Similarly, if we have collected and process your personal information with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
- You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal information. For more information, see the section headed contacting the regulator below.
to this Policy and any other places we deem appropriate to keep you informed.
10. Contacting the regulator
Vfast Limited is the data controller for the following sites, and the services within:
You may direct questions or complaints in respect of how we handle your Personal Data to the Information Commissioner’s Office.
www.ico.org.uk Information Commissioner’s Office
Cheshire, SK9 5AF Phone: 0303 123 1113
11. How to contact us
Alternatively, you may contact us by either of the following means:
By Post: Data Protection Officer, Vfast Limited, County House, Station Approach, Bekesbourne, CT4 5DT
By Phone: 01227 668 901
We will respond to all requests, comments or concerns within 30 days.